Simplicity Parenting in Family Life
From the Simplicity Parenting Website:
“Simplicity Parenting- based on the book by Kim John Payne- offers a simple, orderly, and effective pathway to simplify four realms at home, which reduces stress on children and their parents, and allows room for connection, creativity, and relaxation.
These four realms for simplifying are:
1. Environment: De-cluttering too much stuff at home.
2. Rhythm: Increasing predictability by introducing rhythmic moments for connection and calm.
3. Scheduling: Soothing violent schedules brings moments for Being into all the Doing.
4. Unplugging: Reducing the influence of adult concerns, media and consumerism on children and families to increase resilience, social and emotional intelligence.
Parents who take steps along this pathway to simplify their homes and their schedules, to introduce more predictable rhythms and to filter out concerns which children are not yet able to cope with, find that their children:
• Are calmer and happier
• Do better socially and emotionally
• Are more focused at school
• Find it easier to comply with family rules
• Become less picky eaters
These parents also find that they themselves:
• To have a clearer picture of what they value as parents
• Are more united with each other in their parenting
• Have more time and energy for connection, relaxation, and fun”
The next Family Life Parent Group will begin August 15. These groups are held virtually via Zoom from 6-8pm each week for 4 weeks. Space is limited so I want to make sure you will receive the full benefit from the material. Join my interest list to connect.
Tuition for the classes is $100 per person or $150 per couple, plus a $29 materials fee, and pre-registration is required. (Participant Materials are purchased directly from the Simplicity Parenting Institute. A couple may share a single set of Participant Materials. Limited, need-based tuition scholarships available.) There is a 25% Back-to-School discount if registered before July 30.
Discipline & Guidance Family Group
Simplicity Parenting Discipline and Guidance Parent Groups bring together small groups of like-minded parents to explore and discover new ways of dealing with the challenges of providing loving but firm discipline and guidance to our children.
The Simplicity Parenting approach to discipline is based on understanding a child’s needs and developmental stages, and seeks to provide guidance through coming together and strengthening a family’s values rather than through conflict and punishment.
Parent Groups are led by Lucy, a Certified Simplicity Parenting Group Leader and are held in person when possible or virtually through interactive video calls, and there are three different classes offered, based on the age of your child: “The First Nine Years,” “The Tween Years (9-13),” and “The Teen Years (14-19).”In-person classes consist of three gatherings of approximately 2-1/2 hours each. Virtual classes typically consist of more gatherings of shorter length.
Tuition for the classes is $100 per person or $150 per couple, plus a $39 materials fee, and pre-registration is required. (Participant Materials are purchased directly from the Simplicity Parenting Institute. A couple may share a single set of Participant Materials. Limited, need-based tuition scholarships available.)