4 slices of bacon, diced
1/4 cup butter
2 onions, diced
3 potatoes, diced
3 bay leaves
2 tsp dried thyme
1 bottle clam juice
4 cups bone broth (or fish stock or regular cooking stock)
2 lb cod or other firm wild-caught fish
1 cup half and half
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook bacon over medium heat, until starting to crisp. About 10 min.
2. Add butter, onions, bay leaves, and thyme. Cook until onions start to soften.
3. Add clam juice and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes start to soften. About 20 min.
4. Add fish fillets, simmer another 10 min, or until fish begins to flake off in chunks.
5. Add half and half. Season with salt and pepper to taste.