I have scoured the internet and tried many varieties of lactation cookies. I have been underwhelmed with many tastes, textures, and baking thus far so decided to tweak some recipes until I found my own favorite. I am sharing my version today on my blog after receiving postive feedback on my instagram yesterday. They are gluten free (I buy gluten free oats), refined sugar free– and if you wanted to make them completely sugar free, you could omit the maple syrup. The dates add quite a bit of sweetness. I could not find fenugreek at any of our local stores, so I had to order from Amazon.
2 T Fenugreek seeds
1 T Anise seeds
1/3 c. Flax seeds
1 c. Almonds, chopped
1 c. Dates
1/2 c. Coconut oil, melted
1/3 c. Shredded unsweetened coconut
1 c. Oatmeal, soaked overnight
1 c. Almond flour
1 T. Vanilla extract
1 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 c. Maple syrup
1 c. Lily’s chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put fenugreek, anise, flax and dates in a food processor, blend until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients.
4. Add in date mixture and mix well.
5. Scoop heaping tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake 12-15 min.