I have been on a quest to meal prep and have a solid rotation of simple, healthy, and quick meals to prepare for after baby Mira’s arrival. I did some searches online to find an Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli recipe and I could not find one with our pantry staples that I could follow from start to finish, so I played around with some ingredients we had on hand and came up with this version. It was lovely and everyone in the family approved.
This recipe takes approximately 15 min to prep and 12 min to cook. The meat/sauce mixture can also be prepared ahead of time, frozen and then reheated in the skillet for a quick meal.
1 1/2- 2 lb. grass-fed & finished flank steak
2 Tb. avocado oil
3/4 c. beef broth
1/4 c. coconut aminos
1/4 c. oyster sauce
1 Tb. honey
1 Tb. rice vinegar
1 Tb. sriracha sauce
1 diced onion
3 cloves minced garlic
2 Tb. minced ginger
3 Tb. arrowroot starch (or cornstarch if you are not avoiding corn)
3. Tb. water
package of frozen broccoli
rice/noodles/cauliflower rice– whatever suits your palate!
- Set Instant Pot to saute function. Season beef with pepper and brown in batches, removing to a plate after browned.
- Combine coconut aminos, oyster sauce, honey, vinegar, sriracha in a measuring cup or bowl.
- Pour coconut amino mixture and beef broth into the instant pot, followed by the onion and browned beef.
- Seal Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 12 min.
- While beef mixture is cooking, steam broccoli on stove or in microwave until crisp tender.
- Mix arrowroot or cornstarch with water to make a slurry.
- After 12 min. are up quick release pressure. Open the lid and set function to back to saute and add the starch slurry, stirring until sauce thickens, about 2 min. Add broccoli to mixture and give a quick stir to coat broccoli with sauce. Serve over your rice or noodle of choice.