1.5-2 lb grass-fed, grass finished beef stew meat
2 onions, sliced
2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
4 carrots, roughly chopped (I don’t eat carrots, my older son does)
8 oz sliced mushrooms
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. brussels sprouts
2 Tbs. Cassava flour
1/4 c. red wine
2 c. beef stock (grass-fed)
3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbs. fish sauce
1 Tbs. coconut aminos
2 bay leaves
1 tsp. thyme
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Turn Instant Pot on saute function, heat olive oil and brown meat in batches, and set aside in a bowl.
- Deglaze pot with wine, scraping bits and cooking to allow some of liquid to cook off. Add more oil if needed, then add onion, carrots and celery, allowing to brown and cook for a few minutes. Add garlic, mushrooms, and Brussels sprouts cooking for an additional 5-6 minutes, until softening.
- Toss meat with cassava flour and meat juices. Mix beef stock, balsamic, fish sauce and coconut aminos. Add meat and broth to pot, bay leaves and thyme and stir to mix.
- Close lid and start stew function. This will cook about 35 min. Allow to release pressure for 10 min.
- At this point, if the stew is not thick enough for your liking you can turn on the saute function and cook 10-15 min more. It was perfect for us without.